A forum focusing on mental health and co-hosted by Our Chatham and the Chatham News + Record took place at Central Carolina Community College in Pittsboro, North Carolina, Jan. 22.
Our Chatham is the audience-driven news service produced by students at the UNC Hussman School of Journalism and Media for residents in neighboring Chatham County, North Carolina.
The Jan. 22 forum followed the release of The Chatcast, a podcast series launched as a partnership between the Chatham News + Record and Our Chatham to bring mental health awareness to the forefront of community conversation.
The forum featured five panelists ranging from a local student to mental health experts, including:
- Abigail Holmes, a Chatham Charter School sophomore
- Wilder Horner, a social work supervisor with the Chatham County Department of Social Services
- George Greger-Holt, a community outreach coordinator of Chatham Drug Free
- Tracy Fowler, executive director of student support services with Chatham County Schools
- Robert Reives II, North Carolina House of Representatives