A couple months ago, we ran a story about a course in entrepreneurship and innovation taught in the Reese News Lab here at the UNC Hussman School of Journalism and Media. The course, “MEJO 463: Creating Tomorrow’s Products,” concluded last week when four groups of students presented their final product ideas to a panel of judges last Friday, December 1. The class was taught by Jeremy Gockel, who is the Director of Team Development and Intrapreneurship at McClatchy Company.
You can read the team’s pitches on the Reese News Lab projects page, or watch the videos below.
Thanks to the guest judges:
- Meg Eason: Contracts Counsel at McClatchy
- Michelle Germano: News Director at ABC 11 WTVD
- Derrick Ho: Senior Manager, Product Strategy at McClatchy
- Jenna Meints: Lead Director at Triangle Strategic & Financial Advising for Not-for-Profits, Inc.
- Jake Seaton: Digital Product Manager at WRAL.com
- Kelsey Van Dyke: Head of Content at Offline Media